Monday, January 6, 2014

A Farewell to Camp Minnie-Mickey

Camp Minnie-Mickey closed yesterday. It's going to be demolished so an Avatar themed land can be built. I have always really enjoyed Camp Minnie-Mickey. It was one of my favorite places at Animal Kingdom. I loved watching Festival of the Lion King, meeting characters, and just relaxing there for a while.

Camp Minnie Mickey Sign

Here are some of the characters that I loved meeting at Camp Minnie-Mickey.
Mickey Mouse

Minnie Mouse

Donald Duck

Goofy

Thumper and Miss Bunny



Chip and Dale

Terk

Pocahontas and Meeko

Brer Fox

Koda

Daisy Duck

I especially loved it when the characters would be dressed in different outfits for Halloween or Christmas.
Cowgirl Minnie

Cowboy Goofy

Donald Duck

Mickey Mouse

Minnie Mouse

Pluto

Chip and Dale

Baloo and King Louie

Donald Duck

Minnie Mouse

Mickey Mouse

Goofy

Mickey Mouse

Festival of the Lion King is such an amazing show. Thankfully it's not gone for good. It will reopen in Africa during the summer.
Festival of the Lion King Sign

Festival of the Lion King

Festival of the Lion King

Festival of the Lion King

Festival of the Lion King

Festival of the Lion King

Festival of the Lion King

Festival of the Lion King

I will also miss the decorations that could be found in Camp Minnie-Mickey.
Birdhouse

Goofy

Donald Duck Fishing

Daisy, Huey, Dewey, and Louie

Donald's Christmas Tree

Christmas Tree

Goofy's Christmas Tree

Christmas Tree

Christmas Tree

Christmas Tree

Christmas Tree

I also wish that I had watched Pocahontas and her Forest Friends more. I regret only seeing it once.
Pocahontas

Pocahontas

I will even miss the Greeting Trail signs.
Donald's Greeting Trail

Sign

Greeting Trail - Closed

Greeting Trail - Forest Friends

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing all the photos! While I've only been over there a couple of times, I always enjoyed it and thought it was a very cute place to meet characters. Let's just hope Avatar Land (or whatever they'll call it) will be what they want it to be. The jury is still out for me on it, but it's sad that it's coming has to take away such a charming little area like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved Camp Minnie-Mickey. It was actually my favorite area at Animal Kingdom. I just loved meeting characters there, watching Festival of the Lion King, and eating cinnamon sugar funnel cake with my mom.

      I am not looking forward to Avatar. I've never seen the movie and I have no desire to. I just think there's so much more that they could have done. Hopefully the area will at least be nice though.

      Delete